If you swing by Walmart often or shop at another Walmart-owned company like Sam's Club or Moosejaw, you may want to consider a Walmart Plus membership that can save you money on gas, home delivery, streaming services — Paramount Plus Essential Plan — and much more.
And now, for a limited time, you can join Walmart Plus & get $50 Walmart Cash — but hurry! This offer expires on Jan. 31, 2024.
What is Walmart Plus?
Walmart Plus is a membership program that offers both in-store and online customers low prices on thousands of items and other cost-saving benefits. Launched in September 2020, the Walmart Plus membership also provides same-day delivery on some orders, free shipping, shopping rewards and a scan-and-go app feature for in-store shoppers.
The Walmart Plus membership costs just $98 a year if paid annually (less than the $139 Amazon Prime annual membership).
How Walmart Plus works
You can join Walmart Plus by going to the online sign-up page. If you pay monthly, you’ll be charged $12.95, which equals $155 a year. But if you purchase an annual membership, the cost is just $98 (plus tax).
Trial membership: For a short time, you can start out with a free 30-day trial membership and get $50 Walmart Cash when you do. Outside of the great benefits, it’s worth noting that you won’t receive a refund if you cancel your Walmart Plus membership before the end of the paid period.
What do you get with a Walmart Plus account?
Walmart Plus members save over $1,300 each year! Join today and receive a cartful of perks that add up fast, including:
- Get fresh groceries and other items with $0 delivery fees at the same prices as in-store and save $800 per year.
- Choose from an assortment of eligible items and have them shipped for free — save $500 per year.
- Save 10¢ per gallon of gas at more than 14,000 locations nationwide, including Exxon, Mobil, Walmart and Murphy stations, and save $75 per year.
- Access over 40,000 television episodes, movies and live sports with a Paramount Plus subscription and save $70 per year.
- Get free flat tire repair and free road hazard warranty at Walmart Auto Care Centers nationwide.
- Get up to 5% Walmart Cash when booking with Expedia.
- Free returns from home with no printing, no repackaging, no need to leave your sofa.
- Get access to special prices, product releases and online Black Friday deals (not available with the trial membership).
- Shop and check out fast with your phone app in-store.
Other perks that come with a Walmart Plus membership
Plus, for a limited time, track your budget, get spending insights and set goals — on the Monarch personal finance app. Get three free months of CLEAR Plus, and $20 off pet care with Thumbtack.
Also, if you are receiving government assistance — SNAP, WIC, Medicaid & more — check out Walmart+ Assist for 50% off your membership or $6.47/month or $49/year.
All in all, if you live near a Walmart store, frequently have your items delivered or purchase gas once a week, a Walmart Plus annual membership can easily be worth the cost. But if you’re still unsure, consider opting for the 30-day free trial.
Also, if you have a rewards credit card that offers cash back on grocery and gas purchases, be sure to link it to your Walmart Plus account and get additional savings.
For the past 18+ years, Kathryn has highlighted the humanity in personal finance by shaping stories that identify the opportunities and obstacles in managing a person's finances. All the same, she’ll jump on other equally important topics if needed. Kathryn graduated with a degree in Journalism and lives in Duluth, Minnesota. She joined Kiplinger in 2023 as a contributor.
There's A $1000 Reason to Find Out How Much You're Paying A Year For Streaming
A new study shows we're spending a staggering amount on streaming — and yet, still not as much as cable.
By Jamie Feldman Published
These 8 Disney World Hotels Offer the Most Magical Luxury Experience
While planning your Disney World vacation, consider one of these luxury hotel options.
By Becca van Sambeck Published