If you’re a frequent flyer looking to save money on travel, Frontier Airlines has cut the cost of its unlimited summer travel pass to $499. That’s a $500 saving on the regular price. But is there a catch?
The GoWild! summer pass normally costs $999, and the airline had already lowered its price, in April, to $699, giving customers a $300 saving. And now Frontier has decided to drop the price further to $499 — that's a huge 50% off the original price.
The summer pass lets travelers book an unlimited number of flights from now to September 30, 2023, to more than 75 destinations in the U.S. and popular vacation destinations like Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
But you'll need to be quick, this deal is only around until May 31 (or while stocks last). If you miss out, you can still buy an annual GoWild! Pass, but this costs $1,999, nowhere near such a good deal.
How to Use Your GoWild! Summer Pass
- Buy the GoWild! Pass
- Login to your account at FlyFrontier.com
- Search and book on the Fly Frontier website the day before flight departure for domestic travel and starting 10 days before flight departure for international travel. Your pass will be valid for the period described for that specific type of GoWild! Pass. For each flight, you'll pay $0.01 in airfare plus applicable taxes, fees, and charges at the time of booking.
- When you book, you can also purchase options like bags, seats, and other ancillary products for each flight to customize your travel
- Repeat and book an unlimited number of flights for as long as your pass is valid
Frontier Airlines All-You-Can-Fly Deal — What to Kow
Whichever Frontier Airlines pass you get, don’t forget to read the small print. Here are a few terms and conditions you should know about before buying:
- Blackout dates apply, so the GoWild! pass can’t be used on all Frontier flights
- Domestic flights must be booked one day in advance and international flights must be booked at least 10 days in advance, on the Frontier Flights website
- The GoWild! pass doesn’t include carry-on or checked bags, or seat selection
- You can’t earn air miles when using the pass
- If you sign up for the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard™ (which has an $89 annual fee) you get "elite status", which gives you a complimentary carry-on bag and seat selection in advance
- Note, seasonal and annual passes renew automatically, so make a note to cancel in your calendar if you don’t want to renew at the end of the period
- You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States to purchase the GoWild! Pass
Daniel Shurz, senior vice president, commercial, at Frontier Airlines, said: “Since we launched the pass three weeks ago, many GoWild! pass holders have already taken multiple trips for reasons ranging from visits with family and friends, to spontaneous day trips, to exploring new destinations throughout the U.S. and beyond.
“This is why we are expanding our offer and temporarily dropping the price so more people can take advantage of this new way of flying.”
Vaishali graduated in journalism from Leeds University, UK. She has worked for her local news outlet, the Leicester Mercury as well as writing personal finance stories for digital publications, The Money Edit, MoneyWeek and GoodToKnow. When she is not writing about money-saving, deals, finance hacks and other personal finance topics, Vaishali likes to travel and she's a foodie.
Tennis Channel To Serve Up New Streaming Service Next Year
The Tennis Channel's direct-to-consumer streaming service will include live and on-demand matches as well as original programming.
By Joey Solitro Published
Year-End Tax Planning for a Financially Healthier Retirement
Getting your tax ducks in a row for the end of the year can decrease your tax liability and make the most of your income, now and in retirement.
By Ryan Marston, Investment Adviser Representative Published