What You Must Know About Contributing to a Health Savings Account in 2015

Learn the best ways to fund and withdraw from an HSA throughout the year.

Doctor holding piggy bank
(Image credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto)

Can I still contribute to an HSA for 2014?

Yes, you have until April 15, 2015, to make your 2014 contributions. If you had an HSA-eligible policy for the full year (with a deductible of at least $1,250 for individual coverage or $2,500 for family coverage in 2014), then you can contribute up to $3,300 if you had single coverage or $6,550 if you had family coverage, plus up to $1,000 if you were 55 or older in 2014.

Subscribe to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance

Be a smarter, better informed investor.

Save up to 74%

Sign up for Kiplinger’s Free E-Newsletters

Profit and prosper with the best of expert advice on investing, taxes, retirement, personal finance and more - straight to your e-mail.

Profit and prosper with the best of expert advice - straight to your e-mail.

Sign up

To continue reading this article
please register for free

This is different from signing in to your print subscription

Why am I seeing this? Find out more here

Kimberly Lankford
Contributing Editor, Kiplinger's Personal Finance

As the "Ask Kim" columnist for Kiplinger's Personal Finance, Lankford receives hundreds of personal finance questions from readers every month. She is the author of Rescue Your Financial Life (McGraw-Hill, 2003), The Insurance Maze: How You Can Save Money on Insurance -- and Still Get the Coverage You Need (Kaplan, 2006), Kiplinger's Ask Kim for Money Smart Solutions (Kaplan, 2007) and The Kiplinger/BBB Personal Finance Guide for Military Families. She is frequently featured as a financial expert on television and radio, including NBC's Today Show, CNN, CNBC and National Public Radio.