Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, is acknowledged to be one of the best investors on the planet. He's also pretty good at coining a phrase. Following the seven Buffett pearls below can help make you a better investor.
- Rule number one: Never lose money. Rule number two: Don't forget rule number one.
- If [investors] try to time their purchases, they will do very well for their broker, and not very well for themselves.
- If ... history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians.
- I try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will.
- When we own portions of outstanding businesses with outstanding managements, our favorite holding period is forever.
- We've long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers looks good .. [My partner] Charlie [Munger] and I believe that short-term market forecasts are poison and should be kept locked up in a safe place, away from children and also from grown-ups who behave in the market like children.
- A pin lies in wait for every bubble. And when the two meet, a new wave of investors learns some very old lessons.
Six Steps to Take if You've Recently Inherited Money From a Loved One
It’s important to deal with the emotional aspect first before tackling the financial one.
By Kiplinger Advisor Collective Published
Alaska Airlines to Buy Hawaiian: Get Bonus Miles Now
How to use the Alaska Airlines credit card and frequent flyer program to save on trips to Hawaii, Alaska and beyond.
By Ellen Kennedy Published
Is a Medicare Advantage Plan Right for You?
Medicare Advantage plans can provide additional benefits beneficiaries can't get through original Medicare for no or a low monthly premium. But there are downsides to this insurance too.
By Jackie Stewart Published
What You Must Know About the Different Parts of Medicare
Medicare Medicare can be complicated but we've got you covered. Here is a quick guide to the different benefits provided through each part.
By Jackie Stewart Last updated
Retirees, It's Not Too Late to Buy Life Insurance
life insurance Improvements in underwriting have made it easier to qualify for life insurance, which can be a useful estate-planning tool.
By David Rodeck Published
Best Banks for Retirees
banking Kiplinger's 2023 list of the best banks for retirees.
By Lisa Gerstner Published
Best Banks for High-Net-Worth Clients
wealth management Kiplinger's 2023 list of the best banks for higher-net-worth clients.
By Lisa Gerstner Published
Stock Market Holidays in 2023: NYSE, NASDAQ and Wall Street Holidays
Markets When are the stock market holidays? Take a look at which days the NYSE, Nasdaq and bond markets are off in 2023.
By Kyle Woodley Last updated
Stock Market Trading Hours: What Time Is the Stock Market Open Today?
Markets When does the market open? It's true the stock market does have regular hours, but trading doesn't necessarily stop when the major exchanges close.
By Michael DeSenne Last updated
Bogleheads Stay the Course
Bears and market volatility don’t scare these die-hard Vanguard investors.
By Kim Clark Published