Replace a Lost Savings Bond
1. Download Form 1048, "Claim for Lost, Stolen or Destroyed U.S.
1. Download Form 1048, "Claim for Lost, Stolen or Destroyed U.S. Savings Bonds."
2. Fill out as much information as you can about the lost bond, including the bond owner's name, address and Social Security number, the approximate issue date (or date range), and the serial number. The more information you have, the quicker you'll get your bond.
3. Certify the form at a bank. If the bond owner has died, you should also include a certified copy of the death certificate.
4. Mail the form to the Department of Treasury, Bureau of the Public Debt, at P.O. Box 7012, Parkersburg, WV 26106 for series E, EE and I bonds; for H and HH bonds, send it to P.O. Box 2186, Parkersburg, WV 26106.