How to Change Your Address for Monthly Child Tax Credit Payments

If you're receiving paper checks in the mail for your child tax credit payment, you can use the IRS's online portal to update your address.

drawing of moving truck driving on a map with "we have moved" written on the side
(Image credit: Getty Images)

If you're receiving monthly child tax credit payments in the mail, you can now update your mailing address on the IRS's Child Tax Credit Update Portal. This helps families receiving paper checks avoid mailing delays or having the payment returned as undeliverable.

Subscribe to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance

Be a smarter, better informed investor.

Save up to 74%

Sign up for Kiplinger’s Free E-Newsletters

Profit and prosper with the best of expert advice on investing, taxes, retirement, personal finance and more - straight to your e-mail.

Profit and prosper with the best of expert advice - straight to your e-mail.

Sign up

To continue reading this article
please register for free

This is different from signing in to your print subscription

Why am I seeing this? Find out more here

Rocky Mengle

Rocky Mengle was a Senior Tax Editor for Kiplinger from October 2018 to January 2023 with more than 20 years of experience covering federal and state tax developments. Before coming to Kiplinger, Rocky worked for Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting, and Kleinrock Publishing, where he provided breaking news and guidance for CPAs, tax attorneys, and other tax professionals. He has also been quoted as an expert by USA Today, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report, Reuters, Accounting Today, and other media outlets. Rocky holds a law degree from the University of Connecticut and a B.A. in History from Salisbury University.