Kiplinger is Hiring!
The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc. seeks a highly skilled LAMP developer to join our web development team in maintaining and enhancing the Kiplinger.com website, launching new tablet and mobile platforms, and new digital products.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and update existing code as well as develop new applications.
Required Skills:A strong background in development using:
Preferred Skills:Experience with the following is helpful:
- Mobile App. Development
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate previous work, provide code samples and explain the programming and processes used to complete the work.
Send or e-mail resume and salary requirements to:
The Kiplinger Letter
1100 13th Street NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20005
Kiplinger, a DC-based publishing company, has an opening for an experienced, innovative, and results-oriented Sales Director.
The preferred candidate will be a high achieving sales leader with a keen understanding of digital and print advertising platforms. The ideal candidate must have at least ten years of experience in higher-level advertising and leadership roles with a proven track record for results.
The Sales Director must be able to create and lead sales strategies to uncover and develop market opportunities for revenue, through acquisition, retention and consultative selling concepts across multiple platforms including digital solutions ranging from display, search, mobile, email, video as well as print magazine and custom publishing.
The Sales Director is the senior sales leadership position and reports to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing.
- Serves as chief advertising executive and leads with an eye toward identifying and maximizing opportunities for market share and revenue growth to achieve revenue goals. Works with key advertisers to develop successful, mutually beneficial relationships; coach sales executives, makes sales calls, and participates in company events.
- Works with Vice President, Sales and Marketing and Director of New Media on various aspects of digital revenue operations including new program/packaging development, advertising rates and bundling strategies; supervise the selling, planning and analyzing of advertising programs.
- Adhere strictly to editorial and advertising guidelines.
- Hold regular sales meetings in-person, or via phone/video conferencing.
- Responsible for meeting yearly and monthly goals which will be set in coordination with the Vice President, Sales and Marketing.
- Manage the process of the sales pipeline and revenue forecast in Salesforce.com to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success and active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process as well as future new business revenue.
- Managing sales collateral effectiveness and need for updates (media kits, letter templates, promos, etc.)
- Establish and report on sales metrics, forecast/commits, churns & other key sales metrics.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training & retaining a team of top performing sales professionals.
- Responsible for building and leading a converged media sales organization.
- Design and manage all aspects of sales compensation plan for sales team (Territories, Commission Structures, Bonuses, Contest, etc.)
- Recruit and interview continuously to develop a virtual-bench of qualified candidates for hire
- Provide each sales team member with a written performance appraisal at least once each year. Continually communicate standards and expectations of performance to each team member.
- Create and monitor sales performance management dashboard and rankings.
- Establish and conduct on-boarding process for new hires.
- Conduct training as needed on sales techniques, consultative selling, digital offerings, sales tools, CRM utilization, products & approaches.
- Participate in customer-facing sales calls team on a regular basis. Use such occasions as teaching opportunities and give constructive advice on individual improvement.
- Ability to analyze current market conditions and company know-how that result in product innovation.
- Ability to create an environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
- Ability to develop client relationships through thought leadership, trust and respect.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a revenue goal and deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven to ten years of sales management experience, particularly leading successful sales teams.
- Experience working with big consumer brands for target marketing and advertising
- Firm understanding of pricing models and impact to bottom line.
- Good organization and communication skills required (verbal and written).
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft applications PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Strong working knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar CRM.
- Superior Digital and Print product knowledge and personal consultative selling skills.
- Consume content produced by editorial and stay informed of media industry trends as well as trends affecting clients’ industries. Monitor the sales team to remain up to date on product knowledge and market intelligence.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and other executive management and department managers.
- The Sales Director must assist with any other task or project assigned by the Company.
- Rewards: We provide competitive compensation and vacation.
- Quality: We provide quality leaders to guide and support your professional development.
- Work / Life Balance: We fulfill your personal needs as you meet professional goals.
The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc.
1100 13th Street NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20005