Kiplinger is Hiring!
Online Advertising Sales Planner
Kiplinger has been publishing trusted and authoritative personal finance news and business forecasts since the 1920s. Our readers are affluent and influential men and women who are actively involved in their own personal-finance decisions. Our mission is to provide our readers with comprehensive and actionable advice that will help them maintain a secure and prosperous financial future.
We are a Washington, D.C.-based publisher available in print, online, audio, video and software products. Our website currently receives 4 million + unique visitors and 30 million + pages per month www.kiplinger.com.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill our full-time Sales Planner position. This person will support our online advertising sales team in all their day-to-day operations. This is an entry-level position for an individual seeking a career in online advertising sales. This position will teach you all aspects of online advertising sales as well as the inner workings of a corporate website and magazine.
Main Job Duties Include:
- Supporting the sales managers when they receive requests for proposals (RFPs) from potential advertisers. These tasks may include:
- Pulling inventory reports from our ad server (DART)
- Filling out RFP templates with our advertising availabilities, opportunities and ad specs
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations with descriptions, screenshots and mock-ups of proposed advertising placements
- Helping create marketing materials such as one-sheeters and PowerPoints for the sales managers to send to potential advertisers
- Completing client follow-ups as directed in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Assisting the sales managers with live advertising campaigns. These tasks may include:
- Sending our clients screenshots of their advertising on our site
- Implementing native advertising campaigns in our CMS (Content Management System)
- Sending our clients reports of their campaign performance
- Helping with optimization requests from current advertisers
- Responding to advertisers’ questions and requests as needed.
- Using Comscore, Salesforce, Omniture, Media Radar, MoatPro and other databases for client research and development
- Prospecting for new leads and entering them into Salesforce for our sales managers. Some initial outreach to the new leads may be requested by the team if needed.
- Completing internal revenue and pipeline reports on a regular schedule
The ideal job candidate will be available to work full-time Monday-Friday, have good written and oral communication skills. Internet, e-mail, Excel, and PowerPoint experience required. This position is full-time with salary, medical and dental insurance and benefits. As sales continue to grow, a successful Sales Planner who shows promise can be promoted to a sales rep position with a client account list. The Sales Planner is expected to learn our sales process and opportunities quickly, and to be committed to meeting all deadlines in a timely fashion.
If qualified, send resume with cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
1100 13th St NW STE 750
Washington, DC 20005
Equal Opportunity Employer
RETIREMENT REPORT REPORTER
Kiplinger’s Retirement Report seeks an experienced reporter to work in our downtown Washington, D.C. offices writing personal finance and lifestyle features on all facets of planning for and living in retirement. Our subscribers are affluent retirees and soon-to-be retirees who want impartial, timely information and advice on income-producing strategies, tax and estate planning, insurance, long-term care, Medicare, Social Security, IRAs and pensions, charitable giving, technology and travel. A candidate must be able to cultivate sources, spot trend and write easy-to-read, well-researched articles on complex issues. In addition to writing for the monthly print publication, the successful applicant will work closely with our award-winning Web site, www.kiplinger.com.
A bachelor’s degree and five years of reporting experience are required. Personal-finance writing background, experience with CMS, understanding of SEO and social media are all plusses.
Kiplinger offers generous benefits and a flexible, family-friendly work environment. Send cover letter, resume, writing samples and salary requirement to: HR@kiplinger.com Please do not call.
Equal Opportunity Employer