Is It Time to Resign?
Long gone are the days when many workers remained at one company through their retirement years. The job market has changed greatly since then, with many professionals taking a more hands-on approach to their career development, including changing jobs more frequently. For today’s working class, the reasons for jumping ship can vary -- from advancing your career to leaving a bad boss to needing better pay.
If you’re on the fence about whether to stay or go, how can you determine whether a job change is the right move?
Here are seven workplace situations based on real-life professionals I’ve helped through the years. In these cases, leaving their current employer for greener pastures was the best option.
Get On The Job by e-mail for FREE. Registered users on Kiplinger.com can sign up to receive more than 20 valuable updates. Register Now »
- STARTING OUT: Quit Your Job the Smart Way
- SLIDE SHOW: 8 Warning Signs You Might Get Laid Off
- SLIDE SHOW: 7 Ways Job-Seekers Sabotage Themselves
- ON THE JOB: 7 Tips to Help Size Up a Job Offer
- Turning a Passion Into a Second Career
- ON THE JOB: 6 Bad Reasons to Stay in the Wrong Job
- SLIDE SHOW: Is It Time to Resign?